“I’m a huge advocate of building a life you love, not just a career you love. It’s never been enough for me to just work and get paid.”
Joymarie Parker had always been a web and design junkie. Since the age of 13 she was building website and blogs. But after flunking out of design school, she went through an eight year journey to finish her undergrad degree and land her dream job. Now Joymarie is determined to help other young professionals navigate their career journey.
As the co-host of the Joblogues podcast, a weekly podcast that highlights candid career conversations with young professionals around the world, Joymarie is also breaking down the doors of podcasting and making waves as a featured iTunes podcast.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Her turbulent journey to finding her dream job and discovering that she could be a resource for others
- Why you should treat your day job as an investor in your side hustle
- The BUSINESS of podcasting
- Simple ways to raise the visibility of your podcast
- Why you shouldn’t start a podcast to make money
- How to use podcasts as a platform to expand your brand
Inspired to start your own podcast? Check out this step-by-step guide to starting your own podcast with no experience.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Click here to subscribe via RSS feed (non-iTunes feed): http://sidehustlepro.libsyn.com/rss
Side Hustle Pro has a buzzing Facebook group! Get the support you need to create and grow your side hustle in the welcoming Side Hustle Pro Community on Facebook. I’m continually impressed by the level of support and candid conversation happening in our community. Join us here: SideHustlePro.co/Mastermind
More from Nicaila:
Connect with us on Instagram: