Today in the guest chair we have Morgan DeBaun, who is a serial entrepreneur and corporate advisor. As the Founder & CEO of Blavity Inc., the leading digital media company for Black culture and millennials, Morgan has grown the company into a market leader for Black media, reaching over 100 million readers per month through a growing brand portfolio which includes: Blavity News, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, Shadow & Act, and Lunchtable.
In this episode Morgan shares:
- An update on what she is working on these days, how she juggles and prioritizes each one of her businesses, & how she works her personal brand into her entire vision for her life and her different companies.
- How she navigated the pressures of being a young CEO
- How she pivoted during early COVID days to protect Blavity’s legacy and the team’s salaries
- How she reframed her mindset to appreciate the tiny moments of joy everyday in order to avoid burnout and be the best CEO she can be
- How she is shifting the business for her team to work fully remotely & how they still find a way to stay connected.
- Some of the mistakes she made while starting her companies
- The differences in running a digital business vs a physical products business
- How her “Why not me?” attitude has led to her success and how others can use the same mindset to achieve their goals.
Listen to learn more about how to get mentorship from Morgan Debaun with the WorkSmart Program!
Links mentioned in this episode
Click here to subscribe via RSS feed (non-iTunes feed): http://sidehustlepro.libsyn.com/rss
Join our Facebook Community
If you’re looking for a community of supportive side hustlers who are all working to take our businesses to the next level, join us here: https://sidehustlepro.co/facebook
Guest Social Media Info
Side Hustle Pro – @sidehustlepro