We’re back with an update episode with Jacquelyn Rodgers, founder of Greentop Gifts.
I first spoke with Jacquelyn in 2020, when we learned Greentop Gifts aims to create products that represent what the holidays look like for Black and Brown families. Since then, Jacquelyn has gotten Greentop Gifts into retailers like Target and Amazon.
In this episode Jacquelyn shares:
- What it took to get into Target retail and the village that supported her journey there
- The many grant competitions and accelerator programs she’s used to expand her business and network
- The hilarious mantra she uses to make sure she doesn’t burn out while running a business, being a wife and mom of two, and much more!
Links mentioned in this episode
- Google Founders Academy: https://startup.google.com/programs/founders-academy/
- Google Black Founders Fund: https://startup.google.com/blackfoundersfund/
- FedEx Small Business Grant: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/small-business/grant-contest.html
- New Voices Foundation: https://newvoicesfoundation.org/
- Target Accelerators Program: https://targetaccelerators.com/happenings/news/2023-target-accelerators-applications-now-open/
- Boss Women Media: https://bosswomen.org/
- Melissa Bradley’s Accelerator Program: https://www.1863ventures.net/mentor-team
- Greentop Gifts Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/greentopgifts/
- Greentop Gifts Website: https://www.instagram.com/greentopgifts/
Click here to subscribe via RSS feed (non-iTunes feed): http://sidehustlepro.libsyn.com/rss
Join our Facebook Community
If you’re looking for a community of supportive side hustlers who are all working to take our businesses to the next level, join us here: https://sidehustlepro.co/facebook