Evelyn Ngugi, aka Evelyn from the Internets, is a Kenyan-American YouTube sensation literally blowing up the internet right now, and she can even count Beyoncé (yes, Queen Bey) among her fans (but we’ll get into that story on the episode). What’s it like to amass a huge following on YouTube and Facebook organically while you’re still figuring out your long term plan? On today’s episode, Evelyn shares how she balances being a popular YouTube and social media sensation with a regular 9to5 just like you and me. She is an example that even with a growing side hustle, we’re all still just figuring it out as we go, and that’s OK.
On this episode we discuss:
- Evelyn’s “system” for developing and publishing content
- How she’s grown her brand organically, without actively trying
- What it’s like to have your work singled out by Beyoncé herself!
- Why monetizing content on the internet is easy, but monetizing in a way that is sustainable is a different ball game
- Why it’s important to differentiate what you enjoy doing and want to make money from, and what you actually want to do for a full-time job
- Why you should get out there and explore your gift, even when you don’t have it all figured out
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Evelyn’s YouTube Channel
- Beyoncé Played My #Lemonade Video On Tour & You Can #StayMad
- Austin While Black
Side Hustle Pro has a buzzing Facebook group! Get the support you need to create and grow your side hustle in the welcoming Side Hustle Pro Community on Facebook. I’m continually impressed by the level of support and candid conversation happening in our community. Join us here: SideHustlePro.co/Mastermind
More from Evelyn
More from Nicaila:
Connect with us on Instagram: