At the age of 5, Denise Sarkor escaped the Liberian Civil War with family and lived as refugee in Ivory Coast. Raised in a rough part of NJ by a determined mother, she would go on to graduate from The Wharton School on a full scholarship and obtain her Masters in International Finance and Economic Policy from Columbia University. Although entrepreneurship tugged at her heart, she took a safer path, working as an international banker and development consultant at Goldman Sachs and the World Bank.
But after a devastating divorce rocked her to the core, she became fearless. Realizing that Corporate America had led her to yet another glass ceiling, she finally made the leap.
I’m proud to share Denise’s inspiring story on the latest episode of the Side Hustle Pro Podcast.
On this episode, you’ll learn how she hit the ground running after quitting unexpectedly and how she’s navigating the twists and turns of starting her own business.
- How she honed in on what services she should offer in her business and how she’s managing cash flow
- The surprising move she’s willing to make to sustain her business
- Self-publishing her first book and successfully fundraising on Kickstarter
- Why Poet and Activist Nikki Giovanni wrote her a personal note of congratulations
- Wave Accounting
- Clean Closet
- The Year I Got In Formation – The New Roots Story
- Rich Dads, Before You Quit Your Job
- New Roots Development, LLC
- Ingram Spark
- 10 Things I Learned Fundraising Via Kickstarter
- 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth
- Four Hour Work Week
- Nikki Giovanni’s Hand-Written Note
- The Complete Guide to Self-Publishing: Everything You Need to Know to Write, Publish, Promote and Sell Your Own Book, Edition 5
- International Coaching Federation
- If you’re not subscribed to the Side Hustle Pro newsletter, you’re missing ALL the #goalgetter tea, OK?? Subscribe here: SideHustlePro.co/SideHustleCorner
- Side Hustle Pro has a buzzing Facebook group! Get the support you need to create and grow your side hustle in the welcoming Side Hustle Pro Community on Facebook. I’m continually impressed by the level of support and candid conversation happening in our community. Join us here: SideHustlePro.co/Mastermind