Today in the guest chair, we have a woman by the name of Agatha Achindu. Agatha is not only a dedicated mother and entrepreneur but also a chef. As a child growing up in Cameroon she ate only the freshest organic foods from her family’s Gardens and local markets.
But after her son’s birth in 2004 she struggled to find meals for him which were just as delicious and nutritious. So that set her on her journey to create a solution. Determined, she took to her kitchen to create meals packed with healthy organic ingredients—and nothing else. Soon, she began filling casual orders for friends and—in 2006— Yummy Spoonfuls® was born. On today’s episode we get into the details of that journey.
Agatha shares the real deal about:
- What went into creating a food product
- Getting the license to sell it
- Finding a place to manufacture it in bulk
- Getting Yummy Spoonfuls® sold at Major retailers
- Plus, she’ll share how she partnered with fellow mom and entrepreneur, Camila Alves, to expand Yummy Spoonfuls® and fulfill their collective vision of providing fresh, organic foods to babies and tots.
This episode is brought to you by FreshBooks. Freshbooks has a special offer for my Side Hustle Pro listeners. You can get a free, unrestricted 30 day trial of Freshbooks, just go to FreshBooks.com/SideHustlePro and enter SIDE HUSTLE PRO in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section
Links mentioned on this episode
Click here to subscribe via RSS feed (non-iTunes feed): http://sidehustlepro.libsyn.com/rss
Side Hustle Pro is now over 2100 members strong. If you’re looking for a community of supportive side hustlers who are all working to take our businesses to the next level, join us here: https://sidehustlepro.co/facebook
Social Media Info
Connect on Instagram:
Agatha Achindu – @AgathaAchindu
Side Hustle Pro – @sidehustlepro